Mutual Funds / Managed Solutions
Mutual funds and managed investment products provide investors with access to professional money management, and effective diversification at a reasonable cost. There are thousands of mutual funds, pooled funds, and closed-end products available in Canada today.
Providing my clients with advice on product selection and portfolio construction, I ensure portfolios are properly diversified; avoid duplication of holdings; and are paying reasonable management fees.
My process involves:
- understanding your personal situation, objectives and risk tolerance
- determining an appropriate asset mix
- recommending and selecting specific funds and managed products
- monitoring fund performance relative to benchmarks and similar category funds
- Monitoring of portfolio management team for consistency and changes
- Regular performance reporting and client communication
I ensure full transparency of all fees incurred by closely monitoring fund holdings with respect to MER’s (management expense ratios) and other fees. All fees including trailing commissions are fully disclosed. Managing my clients’ costs helps portfolio performance.
Call or e-mail me for more information on investing in mutual funds and managed products.